Axis Powers Hetalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dub voices vs. Originals

5 posters

Go down

Dub voices vs. Originals Empty Dub voices vs. Originals

Post  TheAwesomePoland Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:34 pm

The title is pretty simple, what do you think of the dubbed voices versus the original voices? I for one like most of them, but I wish Russia's and Italy's voices were a bit higher (They're cuter in the original) and China's. I especially like the Baltic's dubbed voices as well.
So I ask, do you have any peeves with the dub voices?

TheAwesomePoland

Back to top Go down

Dub voices vs. Originals Empty Re: Dub voices vs. Originals

Post  ClumsyFeet Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:57 pm

The dub seems rather spot-on in my opinion.
Of course, I've seen the dub before I've really watched much of the sub, so I went into it without any bias.
For the most part, the Axis' dubbed voices were pretty good. My only issue is that compared to Italy, Japan and Germany sounded very quiet, so I'm constantly turning my volume up and down in order to accommodation the voices.
America's voice is almost exactly the way I pictured it to be, and it captures his energy really well. England's isn't the best, but at least they got a guy who at least sounds British instead of someone who sounds like an American trying to be British*cough*likeKuroshitsuji*coughcough*.
The only voices that really get on my nerves are Russia's and Belarus'...Belarus' especially. It just...seems too low to actually suit her. I realize that it could be to show how she looks cute but actually isn't, but still...ugh.

ClumsyFeet

Back to top Go down

Post  Nixxie Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:06 pm

Truthfully, i don't have any complaints about the dubbed voices cause i just love accents. Smile
Although truth be told, i cannot get enough of America's laugh. It is just annoyingly perfect that it gets me everytime! ;D The only voice that i don't really see would have to be Prussia's in the dub, i just think it doesn't really suit him for some reason? like it's a little off? :$
but other then that i honestly like the dub! however i have also watched the sub too, and don't mind either.
Nixxie
Nixxie

Back to top Go down

Post  USUKlover123 Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:36 pm

Personally, I really like the dubbed version because of all the accents and it's really funny, but I like the voices of the original one too. tongue

USUKlover123

Back to top Go down

Dub voices vs. Originals Empty RE: DUB VOICES VS. ORIGINALS

Post  cgal120 Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:52 am

I think the dub is really good.
The Japanese can focus on their own accent well enough but because they have that strength to their voices they can't really get the accents right in their own language - so the dub does a fantastic job at stereotyping the accents of the world, which is what the show is all about!

With English speaking actors portraying these countries they can warp the accents to fit the stereotypes - though England kind of sounds like Stewie Griffin to me. But even then, it's an interpretation which makes it funny!

cgal120

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum