Axis Powers Hetalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

America or Canada

5 posters

Go down

America or Canada Empty America or Canada

Post  albinosilver Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:44 pm

Who out of these brothers do you think is older? America or Canada?

I always thought that America's older, I really don't know why though.
albinosilver
albinosilver
Admin

https://hetalia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

America or Canada Empty Re: America or Canada

Post  FinalPocky Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:55 pm

Isn't it Canada? His birthday is on July 1st and America's is on July 4th....right?
FinalPocky
FinalPocky

Back to top Go down

Post  suklarihn Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:03 am

yeah...but the year is most likely differant.
suklarihn
suklarihn

Back to top Go down

Post  TheJediPenguin Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:05 pm

Hmm, America got his independence first, but Canada had permant/sucessful European settlements first...
TheJediPenguin
TheJediPenguin

Back to top Go down

Post  America La Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:25 pm

It depends, emotionaly I would say America is older, just because that's the way that the two of them interact. Then again you could spin it and say Canada looks after America in a behind the scenes way, like an older brother.

[historical rant]
Historically it's odd too. If you could when people cross the bering strait then Canada should be older, but they had to pass through Alaska first but Alaska wasn't aquired untill the 1800's (I think) and with colonization would the Viking going to Newfoundland count? If so then they may have also gone farther down the coast to New England which would still make Canada older, but not by much. If you look at strait up 1492 onward colonization and count the Western, South Western, and um...Vital Regions of America, which he didn't yet posses, then America is older by quiet a long time because of Spanish colonization. But if that doesn't count then Canada is older because the British where very slow at jumping on the Imperialism bandwagon.
It also comes down to the question of, are the America and Canada that we know in the series the same ones that represented the Native Americans/First Nations? If so then it would go back to the bering strait, if not then it's european colonization.
[/historical rant]

And that's what I get from reading my American History textbook for fanfiction ideas.
America La
America La

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum