Axis Powers Hetalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers

+7
iggyatemyscone
HetaRoma
MapleToast
donderdrop
FullmetalApollo
Bird-Sama
TheJediPenguin
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Roleplayers Empty Roleplayers

Post  TheJediPenguin Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:39 pm

So does anyone else here roleplay? If so which characters do you rp the most, and are there any you don't like or wanna try? Oh, and what sort of situations do you rp the most?

Most of the time I end up as England, Prussia or both as well as any no one else wants and we need for the situation. Of the people I've tried to write, I think the one I have the most issues with and don''t like is France. I don't think there are any people I really wanna try that I haven't.

As for situation, most of the time i'mwriting self insert romantic stuff ecause my main rp buddy dosen't like yaoi >.> but I'll write almost anything as long as it's not too explicit.
TheJediPenguin
TheJediPenguin

Back to top Go down

Roleplayers Empty Re: Roleplayers

Post  Bird-Sama Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:37 am

the character i play the most is probably Prussia, once I played Denmark (I loved to play him! *__*) and once Sweden (which was not my best play I played...).I also played Germany once, but it was too annoying to work against an Italy-layer, who always wanted to get a GerIta-play, while I just wanted them as being friends, so I quit.
I like roles that are aggressive, funny and loud or Characters, that are reasonable but have problems to deal with feelings and end up to create unwillingly a big a chaos.
I hate playing typical uke!roles like Canada or characters that are so damn quiet like Japan.

what i like writing the most is fun stuff, family situations and fights, i also like romantic and Yaoi scenes, but only if there is something absurd in it. I hate the typical Seme/Uke pattern so I like it the most to have an 'opponent' who is capable of my characters idiotic, destructiv or just stubborn behavior.
Bird-Sama
Bird-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  TheJediPenguin Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:20 pm

I've done Sweden a time or two, but that was weird because we didn't have a Finland and the person I was rping with didn't like yaoi...
I've never done Denmark, mostly because our Denmark fan claims him.
I've done GErmany once or twice, he's interesting, but hard for me to get well.

I'll flip around in from more sterotypical 'semes' to the 'ukes', it's kinda interesting.
TheJediPenguin
TheJediPenguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bird-Sama Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:38 pm

Sweden is a cool character, but he isn't easy to play. My Problem with him was, that he don't says much about his feelings, so it's not easy to play with a believable personality. if there is no Finland, there is also the Possiblity to let him act with Norway and/or Denmark, who both share a lot of history with Sweden.

the same for Germany.
I really like him, but to get a grip of his personality isn't that easy. he's shy and agressive, creates chaos and is a neatfreak, has a big inferioty complex and acts as if he was superior sometimes, he blushes only because of an innocent piece of cloth and is said to be a pervert..and (at least in my head canon) he has a wierd kind of humor that no one understands, except of his older Brother. Smile
I had the luck to play Gilbert and Lutz together with a friend. We are both from northern germany, while the rest of the players came from southern germany and they really didn't get if we were joking or if it was serious...I had so much fun. Twisted Evil

I can understand your co-player. Denmark is just great to play, because he's so flexibel.You can play him as drunkard, as England-invader, as viking, as big brother, alone after his Brother left him behind, angst, lovey dovey with Norway etc., etc.,etc...
Bird-Sama
Bird-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  TheJediPenguin Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:08 pm

Yes... It dosen't help that I have to translate "Sweden-Speak" into normal English for everyone else...

I have come to adore Germany and Prussia, but I don't think I can do Germany very well, I'm not serious enough in general to pull it off. I like doing Prussia because of how carefree and silly he is most of the time, but then I can be serious if I want/need to. And theres the plus that I've done a bit more study of German and Prussian history than the other countries after finding Hetalia...

So you're German? Cool! Hahaha, I love the feeling of power you get when you confuse people hopelessly. Twisted Evil

Invader of England, we haven't done that before...
TheJediPenguin
TheJediPenguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bird-Sama Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:58 am

I have come to adore Germany and Prussia, but I don't think I can do Germany very well, I'm not serious enough in general to pull it off. I like doing Prussia because of how carefree and silly he is most of the time, but then I can be serious if I want/need to. And theres the plus that I've done a bit more study of German and Prussian history than the other countries after finding Hetalia...

I know what you mean. But i think the generell trick is not to think "I have to act reasonable and serious" because, Germany does a lot unlogical things, which aren reasonable at all. You can't understand without considering his very emotional side. I think Luddies main thought is more the attempt to live as good as possible. it's the classical "Persuit of happiness". actually he has a lot similiarity in this point with america in my opinion, the difference is only how they solves the problem, that his social and economical situation is never in ideal condition.
But America has the advantage, that there is no real strong antagonist in his neighbourhood, while even the pure existence of "Germany" resp. the unification of the german states after the napoleonic wars were seen as a imminence by the other european states, because it causes a change in the pentarchy, which was targetted by the conversative powers in the congress of vienna. Of cause this situation leaded to conflicts with the bordering states, so that Ludwigs "first" experience was to fight for his existence, which leaded first to a agressive wish to "defend" himself and prove his right to exist and after failing to the wish to be accepted peacefully and try to live as good as possible under his circumstances. I think his biggest fear is losing this acceptence and being seen as needless or harmful, that's why he tries as hard as he can do appear reasonable and be useful for the united nations...He tries with the same aggressiveness to prove his right of existence as before, but now in a more peaceful and less militarical way.
(I want to annote, that these only my thoughts about how to play Germany and how I interpret his character, I do not intend to justify certain historical events.)

Yup. German...but I also have some polish and french ancestors.
Muhaha, confusing people is great...and making fun of people without them noticing is one of my favorite activities.

For the Vikings England had the advatange that they didn't need to sail that long. pirat
Bird-Sama
Bird-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  TheJediPenguin Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:22 pm

Bird-Sama wrote:
I know what you mean. But i think the generell trick is not to think "I have to act reasonable and serious" because, Germany does a lot unlogical things, which aren reasonable at all. You can't understand without considering his very emotional side. I think Luddies main thought is more the attempt to live as good as possible. it's the classical "Persuit of happiness". actually he has a lot similiarity in this point with america in my opinion, the difference is only how they solves the problem, that his social and economical situation is never in ideal condition.
But America has the advantage, that there is no real strong antagonist in his neighbourhood, while even the pure existence of "Germany" resp. the unification of the german states after the napoleonic wars were seen as a imminence by the other european states, because it causes a change in the pentarchy, which was targetted by the conversative powers in the congress of vienna. Of cause this situation leaded to conflicts with the bordering states, so that Ludwigs "first" experience was to fight for his existence, which leaded first to a agressive wish to "defend" himself and prove his right to exist and after failing to the wish to be accepted peacefully and try to live as good as possible under his circumstances. I think his biggest fear is losing this acceptence and being seen as needless or harmful, that's why he tries as hard as he can do appear reasonable and be useful for the united nations...He tries with the same aggressiveness to prove his right of existence as before, but now in a more peaceful and less militarical way.
(I want to annote, that these only my thoughts about how to play Germany and how I interpret his character, I do not intend to justify certain historical events.)

Hmm, I see what you mean. And after WW2 things got a lot harder because no one wanted to trust him. Dang, thinking about it like that makes me want to hug him.

That's cool. I am so American it isn't even funny xD I don't know much about my family history, but I know I had Welsh, Scottish, English and German ansestors. I want to learn more about the family's history too.
TheJediPenguin
TheJediPenguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bird-Sama Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:01 pm

That's cool. I am so American it isn't even funny xD I don't know much about my family history, but I know I had Welsh, Scottish, English and German ansestors. I want to learn more about the family's history too.

Why isn't it cool to be american?
I don't know much abut my family, sadly, i still don't who was the father from my great granmother, there are two candidates, one who died in a retirement home and one who died at another place...the same is for the father of my granfather, my granfather has a polish surname, cause his mother married a pole but it's not sure if the same man was also the father. ^^"
Also it isn't really special to have different ancestors in germany...because of it's geographical location a lot of ethic spreaded some great genes here, during wars, transitions and immigrations. ^^"
Bird-Sama
Bird-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  TheJediPenguin Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:05 pm

I think it is cool to be American, but if I say that sometimes people start hating...
I am very proud to be American, and I'm proud of my country, even if I don't like some of the stuff that we do sometimes. I'm very proud that my family is in the military too, and I don't really like it when people make fun of our military or insult it. It may do stupid things, but if you insult it, I will most likely get mad.

I need to learn more about my family, if nothing else when we came to America.

Everyone in America has a mixe heritage for the most part, it comes of being an immigrant country.
TheJediPenguin
TheJediPenguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bird-Sama Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:33 pm

hating someone for their nationality is mean. It's not like they can do something about how and where they were born. Evil or Very Mad
I think the national pride thing is something I will never get, even though i really like my country but as a well known band sings "If I'm proud to be german? I don't even get, why someone'd ask something like this. I'll never be able to grasp, why I should be proud of a coincidence".
You americans seem to be a bit 'special' in the intensity you show national pride, I accept that but patriotism is something that always will feel a bit awkward to me, the same goes for militaristic uniforms. I don't think the military has no raison d'être, but I think I would still feel a bit uncomfortable to know that the Job of the person I'm sitting next to, is to kill.
Bird-Sama
Bird-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  TheJediPenguin Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:16 pm

Yes, so true, you really have no choice on where you're born.

I think our national pride is something alot of non-Americans have issues understanding. I sometimes don't understand it accually, but the on days like the Fourth of July it just makes sense. We as a "melting pot" really don't have any specific cultural holidays other than our national holidays, so people take that those times to go crazy. Then there's the whole thing with how we became a nation which I'm sure you know...

I know that the primary objective of the military is to fight, and I know alot of people who either are in or were in the military, but I don't think any of the people I know have killed anyone directly. I'm proud of the military because my family is a military family and I know what those serving the American military go through, at least a little bit. Deployment and service in general can be hard, especially for those with families.

Oh, thanks for the new vocab word by the way!

Wow, we're getting off topic...
TheJediPenguin
TheJediPenguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bird-Sama Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:48 pm

TheJediPenguin wrote:Yes, so true, you really have no choice on where you're born.

I think our national pride is something alot of non-Americans have issues understanding. I sometimes don't understand it accually, but the on days like the Fourth of July it just makes sense. We as a "melting pot" really don't have any specific cultural holidays other than our national holidays, so people take that those times to go crazy. Then there's the whole thing with how we became a nation which I'm sure you know...

I know that the primary objective of the military is to fight, and I know alot of people who either are in or were in the military, but I don't think any of the people I know have killed anyone directly. I'm proud of the military because my family is a military family and I know what those serving the American military go through, at least a little bit. Deployment and service in general can be hard, especially for those with families.

Oh, thanks for the new vocab word by the way!

Wow, we're getting off topic...

hm...We have our Fasching, Hexennacht, October- and Frühlingsfest, Schützenfest...I think we have enough opportunities to go crazy and totally disgrace ourselves...I suppose the most germans don't even know, that we have a national holiday, not to speak of that they know the exact date. Laughing

Well, we seem to have quite contrary family structures...the biggest part of my family are theologians...I think my granfather would almost kill me if he'd see me in uniform, even if it were the uniform of the ambulance. ^^"
the last, who were in the militairy were my great granfather (as a ship's cook, he never had a gun in his hands, he was too dumb for something like that).

Hmmm~
To the thread's topic...I begin to hate russia players. I had never a russia player who not either made a total pussy out of ivan or play him as a pure sadist without think about his childlike side. Sad
Bird-Sama
Bird-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  TheJediPenguin Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:52 pm

The only one of those festivals I had heard of before is Oktobefest, xD. Our city has a small Oktoberfest that my school helps at as a fundraiser. We watch peoples kids while they go and get drunk...

Yes it seems so...
I will say that most of my family is Christian or grew up in the church. I dunno what my parents would think if I joined the military, much less my grandparents... I think my grandparents in Michigan already have doubts about me because of how much of a city girl I am...

Yes it's so sad how people do Russia sometimes, he's such a great character it's hard watching him get butchered.
TheJediPenguin
TheJediPenguin

Back to top Go down

Post  FullmetalApollo Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:17 pm

I rp as well! XD

I usually end up being Britain/England/Arthur, but I've also been Spain, Iggiko, Romano, Germany, Canada, and on the occation Italy, France or Japan.

I personaly lobve being UK! XD It's fun and he and I share alot of personality traits! Same goes for Spain! XD I and a very smiley and generaly happy person like the Spainiard and, also like him, I am a scary person when I'm mad. XD

I didn't quite find one I didn't like, maybe Japan but I rp as the Otaku!Japan where he's obsessed with pairings. XD(he's usually in the corner being a ninja and video taping things). I would say Germany but the one time I was him my Italy had hired France to stalk Germany and the Italy's were both in the room yelling while Spain was cooking lunch all at Germany's house! XD It was fun. I think Romano is the other one i don't like being...he's sooo rude and mean....I can't be like that in rps....XD
FullmetalApollo
FullmetalApollo

http://fullmetalapollo.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TheJediPenguin Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:48 pm

FullmetalApollo wrote:I rp as well! XD

I usually end up being Britain/England/Arthur, but I've also been Spain, Iggiko, Romano, Germany, Canada, and on the occation Italy, France or Japan.

I personaly lobve being UK! XD It's fun and he and I share alot of personality traits! Same goes for Spain! XD I and a very smiley and generaly happy person like the Spainiard and, also like him, I am a scary person when I'm mad. XD

I didn't quite find one I didn't like, maybe Japan but I rp as the Otaku!Japan where he's obsessed with pairings. XD(he's usually in the corner being a ninja and video taping things). I would say Germany but the one time I was him my Italy had hired France to stalk Germany and the Italy's were both in the room yelling while Spain was cooking lunch all at Germany's house! XD It was fun. I think Romano is the other one i don't like being...he's sooo rude and mean....I can't be like that in rps....XD

Iggy is tons of fun to play~! I love doing him in romantic rps (tsunderes, so cute!), but sadly, my rp friend dosen't like yaoi, so we can't do USxUK, UKxJApan, UKx any-other-guy-he's-shipped with Sad She does have an OC that we use who is fun to mess around with though!

Lately I've found I really enjoy playing as Prussia, even if the verbal tics and ego tend to rub off on me... I especially like being able to do rps in which I can show his more serious side, however rare. Having an Awesome Germany makes things better too!
TheJediPenguin
TheJediPenguin

Back to top Go down

Post  FullmetalApollo Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:56 pm

TheJediPenguin wrote:
FullmetalApollo wrote:I rp as well! XD

Iggy is tons of fun to play~! I love doing him in romantic rps (tsunderes, so cute!), but sadly, my rp friend dosen't like yaoi, so we can't do USxUK, UKxJApan, UKx any-other-guy-he's-shipped with Sad She does have an OC that we use who is fun to mess around with though!

Lately I've found I really enjoy playing as Prussia, even if the verbal tics and ego tend to rub off on me... I especially like being able to do rps in which I can show his more serious side, however rare. Having an Awesome Germany makes things better too!

AW~! I'm soo sorry! My friend(who is my US)loves yaoi but we haven't played that yet...we're beginning a yaoi one now but we have done FemxMale UsUk and they went all the way and married. XD Took us months(like 2 or 3)before we got bored and started a new one with just the boys. I'm really sorry though...

XD He seems like a fun one! My America is him too. XD We've attempted doing a Spain and Prussia rp but we ended up resorting to UsUk again! XD(they're personalities fit us almost to a tee! It's uncanny!) I'm actually rping with another friend of mine and I'm Spain.I'm quite enjoying playing him too! XD It's hard when I want to reply with some Spanish phrase but I don't know Spanish! XD
FullmetalApollo
FullmetalApollo

http://fullmetalapollo.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TheJediPenguin Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:12 pm

FullmetalApollo wrote:
AW~! I'm soo sorry! My friend(who is my US)loves yaoi but we haven't played that yet...we're beginning a yaoi one now but we have done FemxMale UsUk and they went all the way and married. XD Took us months(like 2 or 3)before we got bored and started a new one with just the boys. I'm really sorry though...

XD He seems like a fun one! My America is him too. XD We've attempted doing a Spain and Prussia rp but we ended up resorting to UsUk again! XD(they're personalities fit us almost to a tee! It's uncanny!) I'm actually rping with another friend of mine and I'm Spain.I'm quite enjoying playing him too! XD It's hard when I want to reply with some Spanish phrase but I don't know Spanish! XD

Hmm, I've never done a genderbend rp! Seems like it could be interesting. My Germany is open to yaoi though, and we've done some very interesting PrussiaxGermany rps. It's funny because Prussia always starts things, but when it comes to kissing and the like Germany tops. Always. Currently though, I've been having an Iggy France love triangle rivalry over a girl. She hates Iggy but he still loves her, so it's complicated and fun! It's led to some really funny stuff accually...

I can see how an America could be Prussia! I don't know any Spains though... Haha, most of the time in real life I act kinda like Prussia or CAnada, sometimes Italy or Austria. It's weird, lol. Urg, I'm learnig German partly because I hate having to use translators and partly because I really like it. I know a bit of Spanish due to my location, lol.

We should start some sort of rp here!
TheJediPenguin
TheJediPenguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bird-Sama Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:37 pm

that would be totally awesome.
I didn't RP so much in englih, only one or to chat rpgs without long posts, But it would a great opportunity to learn and it surely would be a lot of fun.
Roleplayers Onion+Head+trying+to+be+cute
Bird-Sama
Bird-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  donderdrop Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:24 pm

....I rpg too many characters. My friends always play themselfs, and I have to play APH characters. :'D I kinda like all characters. I only don't like to play some characters, if they ignore me, but that's normal I think. XD
donderdrop
donderdrop

Back to top Go down

Post  TheJediPenguin Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:56 pm

Bird-Sama wrote:

that would be totally awesome.
I didn't RP so much in englih, only one or to chat rpgs without long posts, But it would a great opportunity to learn and it surely would be a lot of fun.
Roleplayers Onion+Head+trying+to+be+cute

Practice is always good! I've never run an rp before, so it would be practice for me too!

@donderdrop: Haha, myfriends and I use ourselves in rps too sometimes. But we always take on responsibility for 1 or 2 Hetalians each...
TheJediPenguin
TheJediPenguin

Back to top Go down

Post  MapleToast Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:51 pm

I've roleplayed some characters~ Normally i'm either America or Canada, but i can also be Germany, Romano, England(sort of), Japan, and Greece.
Lately all I've been roleplaying is yaoi or fluff.....but I'm up for anything ^^ One thing i always think is fun to rp is Mpreg xD but that's my opinion, If i could I've always want to try and be China although i don't think I'd be that good ^^;;
If it came to roleplaying my flexible with characters and situations :3
MapleToast
MapleToast

http://mariko-chama.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  HetaRoma Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:11 pm

I BREATH RPing.

I mostly RP Romano and Iggy.

I hate RPing France because people say i'm good at it! TT^TT
America's kinda hard to RP, sometimes.
i want to RP Spain someday :3
HetaRoma
HetaRoma

Back to top Go down

Post  iggyatemyscone Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:02 pm

HetaRoma wrote:I BREATH RPing.

you hate Rp france becouse youre GOOD at it?! XDD lol i would like to see you in action XD an awesome expert for france roleplaying XD
iggyatemyscone
iggyatemyscone

Back to top Go down

Post  Bird-Sama Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:20 pm

iggyatemyscone wrote:
HetaRoma wrote:I BREATH RPing.

you hate Rp france becouse youre GOOD at it?! XDD lol i would like to see you in action XD an awesome expert for france roleplaying XD

Me too.
Actually I don't really get, why you hate it, that people say you're good at something like roleplay...If I were you, I'd be pretty proud, because it means you're good in empathising with a characters emotions, relations and personality. it doesn't mean, that your Personality necessarily resembles Francis.
PLUS, you seem to be from france (according to your Location), so you probably know a lot more about the cultural peculiarities of France and french people, than people from America, England, Philippines or Germany know about them, just because you're living in this culture.
Which is something cool if you're roleplaying on an international Platform. Smile
Bird-Sama
Bird-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  iggyatemyscone Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:18 am

Me too.
Actually I don't really get, why you hate it, that people say you're good at something like roleplay...If I were you, I'd be pretty proud, because it means you're good in empathising with a characters emotions, relations and personality. it doesn't mean, that your Personality necessarily resembles Francis.
PLUS, you seem to be from france (according to your Location), so you probably know a lot more about the cultural peculiarities of France and french people, than people from America, England, Philippines or Germany know about them, just because you're living in this culture.
Which is something cool if you're roleplaying on an international Platform. Smile

dis my friend-
is a true comment :3
iggyatemyscone
iggyatemyscone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum